Thursday, March 24, 2016

Easter Party

On Wednesday we opened up our Easter party pack and had a lot of fun with our friend.  We started off with circle time as normal but used the included "Five Little Bunnies" finger puppet song instead of the song cards.  We did it first with the puppets on my fingers so they could see how it was done, then I put them on Miss M and had our friend be the one to take them off as we sang, then they switched parts.  Littlest to a turn with them as well and now they are sitting in our circle time corner to played with as desired for the rest of the week.

Pin the Tail on the Easter Bunny was a very popular game and they didn't mind being blindfolded likeI thought they might.  I ended up moving the poster up a little bit because they were always hitting the ears.  They played until all the circles had been placed.  I wish I had had the poster laminated prior to playing because the tape I used ended up tearing it a little bit.

 We had egg races next.  First, I had put their initial on an egg and hid them.  Hide and seek is always fun for them and they could have played that game for a long time but I was excited to try the race.  They quickly learned that going fast was a sure way to lose your egg.  I had to teach them to keep the spoon more level and then they were all quite successful, even Littlest.  We had about four races before they were done and ready to make them into shakers.  Littlest loved spooning in the split peas and actually got really mad at me for trying to make her egg into a shaker so I just gave her a few empty ones and let her have at it.  The older girls instantly formed a maraca band and went whizzing around the room making music.

Next came charades.  I was a little skeptical of how they would do with this activity because they have never played anything like this before.  They all wanted to pick the animals because they didn't know how to act out the other objects until I gave them some hints.  Our friend did a great job as a basket and I talked both the older girls through egg and flower.  I think this might be a fun one to expand upon and put into our after-nap activities.

I added in an extra craft since the maracas didn't take much time and they like to color.  I printed off a cute easter rabbit coloring page from the Internet, added Happy Easter in Photoshop and had them color it, glue it to card stock and add cotton balls for a fluffy tail.  It was really simple but they loved it and Miss M immediately asked to display hers on the refrigerator.

For our final activity, I modified the egg sorting a little bit from the party manual.  Instead of painting egg cartons (which I just didn't have the time to do or the desire to buy paint just for that), I simply assigned them colors and put all the pompoms in a big bowl.  I gave the older girls tongs to use and Littlest was given a spoon.  They loved this game and it is still sitting in our play area.  They scooped up their colors, counted them, dumped them back in the bowl and picked a different color for the next round.  They played 3-4 rounds before they were done and we finished our day with banana muffins and strawberries.  Another very successful holiday party with Mother Goose Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment